Wellbeing is a state of health, balance and contentment on all levels of your being and your life. It is a holistic concept that in its ultimate expression embraces body, mind, heart, energy, environment, education, community, life purpose, culture, finance, relationships, spirit… everything.
Spiritual wellbeing is crucial to your holistic health and living a balanced life. Spiritual health has an impact on your whole being. It is about looking beyond the ego, mind, body and emotions to deeper feelings, impulses, intuition, guidance, meaning and inspiration. Do you want to wake up these faculties?
Bring the mystical and spiritual into your daily, practical life for greater balance, fulfillment, awareness and discernment.
- Do you feel confused, uncertain or vague about who you are, what you want to do with your life and what you are really here for?
- Are you looking for a deeper engagement with life and all it has to offer?
- Are you looking to connect to the spiritual realm of life and yourself for greater depth and insight?
- Do you feel buffeted around by other forces and other people’s energies–rather than being guided by your own instincts?
- Are you overwhelmed by the demands of life?
- Do you allow others to make decisions for you? Or do you refrain from making decisions because it’s “too hard”?
- Do you find yourself getting dragged into situations or relationships that you know are not beneficial to you–but you are unable to take action?
- Are you living life “in your own skin, in your own shoes”? Do you feel there is more to you than you are currently expressing in your life?
Engaging in a journey of self-discovery, inquiry and contemplation will be an adventure! If you want to make changes to your life, deepen your self-understanding, expand your sense of what is possible, and live more gracefully start now.
- Get in touch with the wisdom of the body as an integrated expression of all aspects of your being
- Gain greater clarity and understanding about your path, your choices, your relationships, your own energy
- Expand your insight, inner guidance systems and vision
- Live more authentically, experiencing life on your own terms, while engaging fully with life
- Reduce struggle, resistance, contraction and denial
- Live more congruently with your inner impulses, your passions, your principles, your gifts
- Learn to assess whether a situation or person is energy enriching, neutral or energy reducing
Death as Part of the Spiritual Wellbeing Journey
Facing and embracing our own mortality and inevitable death is a significant part of spiritual wellbeing. It is beneficial to contemplate and bring awareness to this part of life at any stage of your life. However, many people are moved to connect with the spiritual realms when facing death–either their own or that of loved ones.
From the Natural Death Centre
Death is the natural and sacred end of life – one certainty that every human being will experience, yet something we are often unfamiliar with. A Deathwalker is someone who can accompany the dying person and the bereaved through their journey.
- A Deathwalker walks their own journey towards their death as openly, courageously and as best they can.
- A Deathwalker will walk with, or accompany someone else in their death journey; this may be the dying person, family, friends or all of these.
- A Deathwalker offers guidance and care to prepare, inform, empower and enable the dying and their family and friends to be open and courageous in their journey.
- A Deathwalker can assist you to appreciate the glorious, creative, unique dance of your own life as you have lived and loved it, prior to death–or to appreciate the life of the dying or deceased person as they have chosen to live it.
- A Deathwalker can provide a Death Care Plan to be completed ahead of death–this greatly assists the process for the dying and those who will deal with the practicalities of the death afterwards.
The natural death process embraces and explores beliefs, fears, desires, plans, legality, caring for the dying, caring for the family and friends of the dying, the whole spectrum of bereavement, rite of passage, ceremony and healing. As you become more familiar with the many aspects of death and dying, this allows you to experience fully the internal processes going on.
Deathwalking is about meeting you wherever you are at and walking with you so you may face death with an open and loving heart.
The internal, psychological, emotional, spiritual and energetic processes involved in dying are powerful–even though it may be a time of vulnerability and physical weakness. This is a most important and sacred time of life, whether you engage with it willingly or not, with preparation or not, gradually or suddenly, peacefully or otherwise. Death and dying may also be a freeing and joyful process.
You may wish to explore the psychological, emotional, spiritual or energetic dimensions of your life and death–through holistic counselling, meditation, contemplation, reflection, inquiry, prayer, ritual, artwork or music as needed.
Your death is your own to do in the way you choose.